Throughout this video series, watch and draw along with me as I take you step-by-step through a realistic pencil portrait of “Ann” from start to finish.
In this eighth video session of the series, we will:
- Layer details for the rest of the hair. 01:40
- Darken the hue of the clothing. 20:11
- Blend and layer the details of the clothing. 39:53
- Complete some finishing touches of the hairline. 1:36:23
- Draw the eyelashes. 1:47:10
- Touch up the outlying hairs. 1:54:55
- Erase smudging around the portrait. 1:59:04
Tip: Click on one of the times above, and then click the Play button to jump to that part of the video.
Materials and Resources
The following materials and resources are introduced or used during this video session. If you do not have everything listed here, do not let that stop you from drawing! You can always get started with what you do have and improvise for what you don’t have.
When you are ready to get new materials and resources, feel free to make use of the links below. Some of the links below are affiliate links (meaning I will get a tiny commission if you purchase). Another option is to just pick them up at your local art supply store or other applicable retail store.